1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bone in/ bone out........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 21, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The wings at the Anchor Bar & Grill are incredibly overrated.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

My wife just suggested we eat at BWW tonight while my daughter is at her scout meeting. I was very quick to comply. ;D ;D ;D

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

As well you should've been.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Well, scratch Buffalo Wild Wings off my list. I went there tonight with Mrs. Expendable while my daughter was at girl scouts. I've been working like a dog over the past three weeks and finally had a night off with the little one out of the house for an hour and a half. We got there at 6:30. No line. Ordered, and at 7:15 walked out, without having seen an appetiser or our first wing. In the 45 minute wait, the waitress had given us our drinks and mumbled something in passing (she never slowed down) that had nothing to do with an explaination on why it was 1. taking so long, and 2. where our appetiser was. Nothing. Not sorry, I'll check on your order, go to hell or fuck you.

We stopped at a Subway on the way to pick up my daughter, with the smell of wings still in my nose.

Sooooooo, as I told the BWW manager tonight. I'm a Hooters guy fron now on.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There's a Wild Wing Cafe a couple miles from my hotel, open until 2 a.m.
    Anyone been? I wouldn't get the wings, but like a wrap or a grilled chicken sammich or something. Any reviews?

And if it's been covered on here, I apologize. But the hotel "high speed" is about as fast as molasses.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Wild Wing is well worth your time. The Wings are good there, but they also do a nice chicken sandwich that you can get grilled and with your choice of one of their wing sauce marinades. And it's relatively cheap (at least the one here is).

Try the garlic cheese toast as well. Good stuff!

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sadly, I don't think the garlic cheese toast would be on the ol' Weight Watchers menu. :)

8. Lyric

Lyric Member

Agree on Wild Wings. Usually have good, funky bands or neat games at night. Good beer specials.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Ah, sorry, I forgot about that :( THey have damn good salads too if you're in the mood for that as well.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Boneless chicken wings are a travesty, an afront to nature.
    For the world's best wings, check out Charlie's in Somers Point, N.J., just over the bridge from Ocean City.
    Order the Top Gun Wings. They'll take the enamel off your teeth.
    There's no such thing as 'too hot.'

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Yes the fuck there is such a thing as too hot :D

12. torrie_wilson

torrie_wilson Member

anyone else come across a good wing joint during their travels - particularly in the south and/or midwest?

Draft saved Draft deleted