1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds collusion! YEAH!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 7, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

if gary matthews junior was exhibit A that there's no collusion this year, ted lilly's $40 million for four years from the cubs is exhibit B

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It ain't collusion.

Nobody wants to shell out that kind of money for a DH who might be hurt for part or all of the year, or might get thrown in jail for all or part of a season.

Fuck Barry Bonds.

3. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

He already left Babe Ruth in the Dust.

Mission Accomplished!

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who would also pack up his bags and quit the moment he hit his 23rd home run of the season.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

The best thing for baseball is for Barry Bonds to never play a MLB game again. Total ego trip with a unhealthy desire to prove himself to everyone. I wish some one would do a Tanya Harding on his knees so we can all get this over with.

6. Starman

For the life of me, I can't understand why pitchers haven't stuck 97-mph heaters in his earhole every time up for the past three years.

If your dumbass/chickenshit manager is going to tell you to walk him anyway, why not do it with one pitch?? :D :D

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Maybe it is because they are on steroids too and don't want to be named by Bonds.
    Maybe it is because they are afraid of Bonds having a roid rage meltdown and coming out to the mound and murdering them.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

maybe it's because these days percentagewise they're more likely to get him out than watch one clear the fence.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What mission?

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I actually think he's going to have a decent season this year. Nothing spectacular, but I could see .280, 35 homers and 90-95 RBI. He was so dinged up this past year (knee, elbow), he couldn't train for crap and he lost a lot of his lower body strength (where a lot of 'pop' in the bat comes from).

One thing you have to give Bonds is that he trains like a fiend, with or without any extra 'supplements.' Of course, he can train a lot harder with the help of these 'supplements,' especially at 42. Jeff Pearlman's book, Love Me, Hate Me: Barry Bonds and the Making of an Antihero, does a good job of getting across Bonds' work ethic with training.

I'm not arguing "juice or no juice" here. I think we all know where that is. But unlike someone like Giambi (who used to train very hard, but hardly trains at all anymore), who I believe is all juice, Bonds will actually benefit greatly from being able to train his legs this offseason and this coming season. Everyone knows he finished on a tear this past year, and I think he's going to go out on as high a note as he possibly can.

11. Starman

He will not hit 35 home runs, because the second he crosses the plate to break Aaron's record, he will walk out the door and into a plane, leaving nothing behind except used jockstraps and the forwarding address to send his checks for the rest of the season.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha. With BB, you never know. Nothing is too far-fetched.

Draft saved Draft deleted