1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bon Jovi wants a piece of the Falcons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They did a 60 minutes piece on him a couple years back and mentioned that he's been really smart with his money and while Bon Jovi is a bit of a punchline over here (a little unfairly I think...) they've always been able to draw huge crowds overseas and have taken advantage of that.

A friend of mine who is in the military was in Europe went to see a festival concert about a decade ago with Bon Jovi, Metallica, Van Halen and Aerosmith. I asked him who headlined and he told me Bon Jovi and that the bulk of the crowd was there primarily to see Bon Jovi. Needless to say, I was stunned.

2. Mizzougrad96

More, for my dog buying buddy... :)

Bon Jovi buying the Falcons heats things up to 7800 degree Fahrenheit.
    Bon Jovi falling In and Out of Love with buying the Falcons.
    Falcons are Born to be Bon Jovi's Baby.
    Bon Jovi to Falcons: I'm going to Lay My Hands on You.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Falcons Wanted Dead or Alive

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone at the AJC has copied all of this material to a clipboard somewhere in preparation for the time when Bon Jovi's ownership stake is finalized.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So you're saying he's seen a million faces and he's rocked 'em all?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I once paid $240 for a pair of tickets to a Bon Jovi show (my ex-GF is a huge fan and they were a gift to her ... I personally would hesitate to pay more than $25 for a concert ticket and wouldn't ever pay more than $55 for a show I wanted to see). I was among probably 65,000-80,000 other people who did the same. The man makes some loot.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Floor and lower level seats for Bon Jovi at MSG later this month are $305 per ticket.
    I think he can afford 150 mill.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The good thing about a Bon Jovi concert is he has at most 12 songs anyone would want to hear, so you're guaranteed to hear them. Go to a Springsteen or U2 concert and whatever your favorite song is, there's no more than a 50 percent chance of hearing it. Bon Jovi puts on a good, energetic show too; he actually appreciates that people are there. Plus there was a great Triumph the Insult Comic Dog backstage bit, and how many entertainers have that sense of humor about themselves?

I would like to see him flip off the refs from his box as he did in the arena league.

11. Mizzougrad96

I can't imagine what a concert would have to be for me to pay $300 for a ticket.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

With ticketmaster fees and handling charges, $331 each! Absurd.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted