1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bon Jovi debuts at no. 1; 1st no.1 album in 19 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You list Glenn Danzig but leave off The Misfits. Blasphemy!

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Question Mayfly: Who do we take out first Berman or Bongiovanni?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Get me enough Jagerbombs in NYC, I'll get both in a span of 5 minutes.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Paul Mccartney, Metallica, the Wiggles, U2, Pearl Jam, the Chili peppers, R.E.M. (still). There's 10 combined wit the previsou post minus the Police

And selling out arenas is highly overrated by the way. Give me a good show in a theater or a small club and I'm good to go.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Add Jimmy Buffett to the list. Parrotheads always come out in major force.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did you say the same thing in 1988, or 1986?

I did too. Back in 1994, when it was called Always.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

While I feel no shame in admitting I like Bon Jovi, I also have to wonder how the hell they've stuck around 20-odd years. Their albums, except maybe New Jersey and Keep The Faith, are a few good singles and a bunch of filler. As a songwriter, Jon Bon Jovi is marginally better than a nursery rhyme writer. And they emerged from the most scorned genre in music history, hair metal. Yet here they are, debuting at no. 1 in 2007.

As for Jon being a nice guy, I have to again disagree with my dawg Shockey here. Ask Skid Row, whom he lured into signing a terrible deal that sent all their profits to Jon, what a nice guy he is. Or Hugh McDonald, the bassist who replaced Alec John Such in 1995 yet has never once been featured in a band photo. Or the rest of the guys in the band, who have grown increasingly marginalized over the years (try to find the rest of the guys in the new video).

Plus, he's good friends with Bill Belichick. That should pretty much exclude him from good guy talk.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i do my darndest to judge people based upon my dealings with the. i had those 15 minutes with jon bon jovi and he couldn't have been more pleasant. i stand by my story. 8) 8) 8)

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He discovered Skid Row. He produced their first album. He's entitled to the bulk of the money because he made the investment.

That's the way the music business works...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Doesn't make it right.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Stadiums was a bit of an exaggeration. I would say all of those acts have filled arenas consistently for 20 years, with periods when stadiums were no problem either.

And, as long as we're talking about bands that sell out most of their shows and have done so for a couple of decades or longer . . . . .

Rush.

And Van Halen, before they blew it.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, well John Lennon was a world class prick. But he made great music. That's all that matters to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted