1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boise State OT TD video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 2, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Watch the replay of BSU's OT touchdown (it starts about 1:25 or so). Not being a whiner at all, because I was pulling for Boise, but isn't Zabranski illegally in motion here because he's obviously going forward when the ball is snapped?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of either team. But when you consider the bogus pass-interference calls against Boise State, I suppose it evened out.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

you might be on to something there.. though it certainly wasn't blatant, like Arena-league style. He does seem to be moving a half step forward at the snap.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Who was the old guy they kept showing in the skybox?

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I don't remember the guy's name, but they called him the "father of Boise State football." Apparently, he coached the team for years.

6. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

I thought the same thing when it happened; I kept waiting for the penalty flag to appear on the FOX scoreline at the top.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I will say this: I have never seen a team bite like that on a hand-fake (it wasn't even a ball-fake, since he wasn't holding the ball in his hand), nor have I ever seen a behind the back handoff like that.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Lyle Smith.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I do have to say that was one of the greatest college games I have ever watched. had a little bit of everything. However, the commentator forever ruined the big dog/little dog analogy for me by talking about it every five minutes. Not that it was a favourite analogy to begin with.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

That step forward in the shotgun has got to be illegal, but I never saw it called in any game, pro or college, this year. Everybody does it these days.

And I only saw it once, but the fourth-down TD with the WR throwing the pass looked fishy to me. He comes in motion and barely comes set in the backfield before the QB goes out in motion himself. Again, there's a lot of shifting these days that doesn't meet the letter of the rules as I understand them.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bottom of the screen, QB in motion definitely turns upfield before the ball is snapped.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, he did. In hindsight, I'm glad they missed the call there.

Draft saved Draft deleted