1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boise State- Oregon Sucker Punch....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Blount is totally responsible for his actions, but not the incident. The guy from Boise struck the match and Blount was the gasoline.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If you're going to punch someone, don't run away.
    It was a sucker punch. He should be expelled from school and put in jail.
    Blount was the one talking trash the days heading into the game. Did the guy from Boise threaten him in any way? No. There's no reason for Blount to throw a punch.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The kid who got punched had said something bad enough his coach screamed at him and was trying to get him the fuck out of the way. And Petersen doesn't scream.

4. Rhody31

People say a lot of stupid stuff.
    If a guy walks up to me on the streets and calls me a douchebag, I'm not going to punch him in the face. If I did, I'd get arrested.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Probably just one of the legion of Nike apologists.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep, Blount was making a good deal of pregame noise -- for a guy who failed to get it up against that defense, at that site, on that evening.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

He wasn't pulling a Brenda Haywood/Guillero Mota. Believe me if Boise wanted to fight, I'm pretty sure he would have obliged. I'm glad it didn't get out of hand.

8. Rhody31

I know why he's saying it should only be a 1-game - but I'm not gonna say why.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's like saying Ron Artest had a right to start the Malace at the Palace because someone threw a beer at him. "A guy threw beer at him and he hit him."

For a guy who loved to dish it out during the offseason, he sure couldn't take it.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wait. We need context.

http://sportsonmymind.com/2009/09/04/boise-state-oregon-what-really-happened-between-legarrette-blount-and-byron-hout-and-afterward-espn-orders-removal-of-video/comment-page-1/#comment-35099

Seriously -- and incredibly -- check out the comment at 10:35 a.m., in which the author of the piece says the victim's at fault because he didn't have his helmet on. If the guy had been wearing his helmet -- never mind the game had been over for two minutes -- we wouldn't be talking about this.

Does anybody have a screen shot of any interaction between the player and fans after the game? That's one of the things this alleged writer claims. I'm curious if there's any legitimacy to it.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I find it rich that Desmond Howard has been condemning Houk all day for taunting. You know, Desmond Howard, the guy who practically invented premeditated taunting with this:

[​IMG]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, the second half of the last game of the regular season...

Draft saved Draft deleted