1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boingo crisis

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When I was Only a Lad, I had to say Goodbye, Goodbye to my computer when some Little Girls (my nieces) wanted to be Controller of my laptop computer. I was On the Outside of the technology knowledge world (it's all Weird Science to me), but so were they; What You See is What You Get, I suppose. Kids have a Nasty Habit of breaking things, even if they're dealing with a Perfect System.

Now, long after the Dead Man's Party for that Imposter of a quality computer, I have a much better one, thanks to Capitalism. Now, instead of a working computer being cause for celebration, having the use of my laptop means it's Just Another Day.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

They were great in Back to School. Other than that, I got nuthin', but I love 21s lipstick on a pig.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have seen them twice in concert, and they were fantastic.

Funny how in the 80s certain bands just dominated the West Coast, but once you went east, they were almost like novelty bands.

I remember hearing that Depeche Mode sold out two shows at the LA Coliseum in 90 minutes. That is insane.

5. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

I didn't have a problem with it in Atlanta a week ago. It worked fine for me. Maybe try downloading it again?

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Nice.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Don't suppose you remember what the BSOD said caused the crash (which file, error type, the technical info at the bottom of the page), perchance?

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Am connected to Boingo as I write this, in Ottawa. However: I'm on a Mac. No BSOD here.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

NBelieve it or not, I actually wrote it down thinking maybe my friends coffeeman or Rosie could help me. I think I threw it away, assuming I had fixed the problem, but I have to spend considerable time in an airport today and I'm afraid to open my laptop.

Pretty sure it was related to IROQ not less than or equal.

Maybe if I don't try to start from 'standby'?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

tell me about it. love those guys. as good as music was in the 80s.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Well done, sir. Now the OB box set is going to have to come out today. Elfman is a genius.

Sorry I can be of no help, 21. I've got the cellular card, and airport hotspots are a thing of the past.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There are two kinds of BSODs that invoke an IRQ error. Could be something incompatible, could be a driver issue.

So that's two possibilities, both related (apparently) to Boingo, at least at first glance. Do you have this problem any other time or does it only manifest when you try to connect to Boingo?

Also, which version of Windows are you using?

Obviously, this might be a good time to take a book to the airport or buy one at the airport bookstore.

Draft saved Draft deleted