1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bogut Bashes NBA and American Culture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by IU90, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Perhaps some would, but at least they would own those plasma TV's as opposed to pissing all of their money into an endless bureaucracy and receiving nothing in return, other than the promise that the next time the government takes more of your check, it really will go to something important.

2. zagoshe

Oh that's I forgot, you pay no taxes in New Jersey. It isn't like you aren't taxed on electricity or anything, though you probably don't need that in the summer either.

You are a jackass, but you keep convincing yourself you aren't paying taxes every time you turn around, it will serve you well and it will keep the Dem's and Rep's happy as pie...

3. IU90

IU90 Member

Further destroying Zag's reasoning here is the fact that the European nations, Canada, Japan and others pay more on average in taxes yet have higher average savings rates.

It's not taxes that prevents Americans from saving money, its our addiction to buying crap we don't need and really can't afford on credit.

4. zagoshe

Well, considering my state, local and our property taxes have gone up in the past three years, once again your retardation and total cluelessness about anything other than a bunch of european wusses kicking a little ball around the field -- that is when they aren't beating each other to death in the stands -- shines through with flying colors. Dipshit

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Once again, reading comprehension eludes you. So, it seems you are more than happy to turn to the well of insults to try and argue a point. Congratulations.

On the basic needs, electricity isn't all that high up. Last time I checked, people lived for quite a long time without it. Now, if people do have it now, you can't exactly argue that you are being taxed severely on it.

Again, if you are going on basic needs, how are you taxed to the point of having no savings? Yet, here we are with a negative savings average.

What is your savings rate, Zag? Are you deep into debt and barely able to keep your head above water?

Thank you, sir. That is a very good point.

I wall also reiterate my point that savings rates have gone down over the last decade while taxes have also gone down. This also shows little to no correlation between the two.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What xenophobia have to do with one's political persuasion? It's not hard. If you play the "(fill in country) love it or leave it" card and leave no room for any other opinion, you're a xenophobe. If you slam other cultures in the process, you're a xenophobe.

From the dictionary ...

xe·no·phobe
    : one unduly fearful of what is foreign and especially of people of foreign origin

Last I checked, Merriam-Webster is not part of the liberal media, but God knows they could be, since conservatives like you see boogeymen behind every corner.

Conservatives like you, Zag, have really boxed themselves over the years with their labeling of everything they disagree with as being "typically liberal" or "PC". Those warhorses have been trotted out so often, they don't march anymore. No one but the true conservative believers (a dwindling breed since the "fruits" of full-on conservatism are in full bloom right now) are buying it anymore.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Truth hurts everybody
    Truth hurts everyone

8. zagoshe

That would be a good dissertation if I were actually a conservative, jackass.

9. zagoshe

Actually, I haven't used credit to buy anything in a long, long time. I pay cash for everything which is why I don't have much "bling bling" and very little debt, other than student loans, so spare me your bullshit lecture about finances.

And now you are arguing that electricty is a luxury item, which only goes to show how far into the realm of the asinine and ludicrous some people will go in order to try and hold on to a point that is, well, asinine and ludicrous.

Again, take my challenge or STFU. Thank you.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't talk the talk if you're not going to walk the walk.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Europeans are killing the game?

You are right. I was really getting tired of guys palming the ball, bricking everything outside of 10 feet, never passing, grabbing and stiff arming.

How many Europeans beat up fans in Detroit?

How many are caught in strip clubs at 3 a.m. and firing guns in the air?

If Bill Walton played today, would his style of play make you think he was a foreigner?

Granted, the flopping sucks, but our refs can get control of that eventually.

12. zagoshe

What the hell are you talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.