1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Body of former Washington State hoops standout thought to be found in Brazil

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 19, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If he was playing in or near Rio De Janerio, that's said to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world.
    Lots of cocaine dealers and other drug problems. And police are scarce, I'm told.
    And when they do show up, you have to hope they are not corrupt.
    Crazy city, I'm told. A co-worker lived there about 5 years ago.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I watched a lot of Pac 10 basketball during the time period that he played. I honestly cannot remember him, but his family is in my prayers.

It's hard for us in America to comprehend professional sports being dangerous.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm not saying you believe everything a police spokesperson says, but am I missing something? This makes it sound like suicide. Unless there is way more explanation, I don't think that's necessarily attributable to pro sports or Brazil.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Welcome to the jungle, I suppose. *ducking*

And, Blitz, I can concur on the dangers of Rio. Half a dozen trips there shortly after 9/11.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I was in Rio for 1 1/2 weeks in July ... pretty much was only allowed to see my hotel and sporting venue until the last day, when we went to the Christ the Redeemer statue. And I'm thankful for that ... didn't look too appealing.

Since it was "winter" (which means overcast and drizzly), beach wasn't a necessity either.

Draft saved Draft deleted