1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Simone's death

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Nov 1, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i second that. 8) 8) 8)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The acting Dennis Franz does when the guy goes to hang himself at the house, and Sipowicz closes the door to let him do it -- so Bobby can get his heart -- but then can't go through with it is some of the best stuff I've ever seen.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought you meant Simone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"You don't care if she comes, stays, lays or prays."

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Which season is this? Out on DVD yet?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No idea.

It was on TNT last night. Last season with Jimmy Smits, if that helps.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Yeah, just checked Amazon ... only through season 4 is on disk. Probably a few more seasons to go before Smits' last year.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No lie. The episode that ends with him in bed with Robin Wexler, after he's visited his looney-tunes mother, and concludes with with Kelly saying to Robin, "Here comes spring." is a classic.

The Simone thing dragged on waaaay too long. But I did like it where he dreamed about the pigeons with the old guy from his youth.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And bravo to whoever mentioned that the shows descent from the point of Simone's death can be demarcated by the hotness of Sipowicz's love interests.

He starts with his ex-wife and ends up with the smoking-hot detective with the fake tits.

I love me some Sipowicz, but c'mon.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's Damone. Simone was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Nice to see your misinterpretation of pop culture goes beyond your inbred boy Toby Keith. ::)

10. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

The Bobby death was OK, but the pigeon guy crap and Diane just ruined it a bit. For me, the episode where Danny (Schroeder) has to go talk to Andy, who has been MIA after his wife was gunned down, to help gwith a case is the saddest, most gut-wrenching episode ever. We see Andy taking care of his son alone, walking him to school and such, while staying shut off from everyone else. Then, the scene where he runs into John (the gay receptionist who took a bullet trying to get the guy who shot Andy's wife but who was responsible for him being at the courthouse in the first place. I cry like a baby as Andy tells John he was a hero every time.
    I loved NYPD and miss it dearly. I loved watching the father in Andy and given my son was about the same age, it always got to me.
    For my money, Andy is one of TVs greatest serious characters.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I must admit, it became a bit much for me when it seemed EVERYONE close to Andy was dying. Yeah, we get it, Dennis Franz can act. But does it have to be a tearjerker every other show?

Plus, Theo aged about as fast as the last kid on Family Ties. I was expecting Theo to partner up with Medavoy any day, and then get shot like Andy J, so Franz could chew the scenery again.

12. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

That is odd because for the last 5-6 seasons, the same kid played Theo.

Draft saved Draft deleted