1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Knight quits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

One of the greatest coaches in the history of sports.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Digger Phelps on ESPN... he had nothing.

If Knight gives anything to the media, I'm guessing Digger would be the guy.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

After seeing that press conference where he brought his grandson, I'm not surprised. Didn't look like he was enjoying even pissing off the media. He got the wins mark a year ago. Now his team stinks, he's not enjoying it, and he's probably not going to be winning an NCAA title anytime soon. So why not.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

ESPN has nothing but the fact he resigned ... not even speculation about the reason

5. 93Devil

Is Digger still on good/great terms with Coach Knight?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

So the Indy Star basically had a pre-written Knight obit that they plugged in .

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Digger just said Knight was one of his mentors .. spoke glowingly of him, o I'd guess they are on good terms.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know that. I'm saying if it was health-related, why not name Pat as the interim coach for now? If only to create the perception that Bobby's coming back.

Like others said: That he bolted means either he's really sick or a gutless quitter.

9. 93Devil

True, but you know how fickle Coach Knight is with relationships.

Digger on ESPN News.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'd rather have what you jerks call a "gutless quitter" than Starman's alternative of just say "fuck it, and mail it" in for the last 6 weeks.

11. 93Devil

Digger saying he gave up.

Knight gave up.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

digger is an ass, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted