1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bobby bowden set to make announcement reportedly health-related

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bobby-bowden-florida-state-health-announcement-20110912,0,7837744.story

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/12/bobby-bowden-to-make-emotional-announcement-about-his-health/#comments

Lots of rumors flying on the FSU boards. This doesn't sound good.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Sincere response: hate to hear out if it's what it sounds like. He's always seemed like a very nice man. He played golf at a country club where I cut grass and was very nice to everyone.

Snarky response: JoePa just got his first boner in 25 years.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not remotely clever even on a snarky level. And, considering Bowden's no longer competing with JoePa for the record, really doesn't even make sense. Some folks try too hard to be cute around here.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope this isn't one of those things he was planning to keep on the down low, but is now kind of forced to make a public announcement because someone was planning on running something.
    Dad Gum.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Dadgum. As a born-and-raised Nole, this scares me. Do I even want to know about the rumors?

What time is the announcement?

(Please don't say it's on Good Morning America. I'm not in America and have no idea what time the show is on.)

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bowden is one of the nicest and classiest people I ever had the honor to deal with during my journalism career.

I'm guessing the news is bad, but I'm really hoping for the best.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

AP story on the WaPo site says he told USA Today he had prostate cancer in 2007, but is now cancer free.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

One of the Democrat writers is on record that it's not bad:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-09-13/bobby-bowden-to-appear-on-good-morning-america-amid-rumors

"Democrat sports editor Ira Schoffel reported via Twitter that Bowden is "not ill." Schoffel also took ABC to task for implying that Bowden's health may be failing.

"`Bobby Bowden is doing well. It's a shame that ABC is leaking this and creating speculation. Nothing to worry about,' Schoffel tweeted.

"Later, Schoffel reiterated that Bowden is "fine."

"Just to be clear, I didn't say it's NOT health-related,' Schoffel tweeted."

I hope he's right.

10. From the AP:
    Bowden HAD and was Treated for prostate cancer ... IN 2007!!!

For Fuck's sake.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Must be an echo in here. :)

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So he's not doing Dancing With The Stars?

Draft saved Draft deleted