1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Ryan have work done?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 20, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I haven't watched Sports Reporters in ages, and happened to see Bob Ryan on there this morning. I am just throwing this out there, but it looks like Bob Ryan may have had a little "work done", IMO. Just something different to his face, besides Father Time. A lift maybe, or something done to the lips? He just looked different, but I can't put my finger on it.

BTW, that Selena Roberts sucks the life out of an already-dying show. That's a voice made for print.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

For a minute there I thought Ryan and Loopy were going to throw down.

3. what was the argument?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Until Lupica's voice finishes going through puberty, Selena's seems just fine.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I've wondered the same thing the last several times I've seen Ryan. He used to be real puffy under the eyes. Now, not so much. I'd like to see a pic of him from a couple of years ago compared to now.

6. poindexter

I know she's the darling of this board, but she looked like a first-timer on a local community access cable show. JMO.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You're too conditioned to seeing all women on sports TV looking hot, or at least attractive.

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Something is different about Bob Ryan's face. Assuming it's the result of cosmetic surgery, it makes me wonder: Do most of these happen as a result of someone at the network ordering strongly recommending a nip here and a tuck there?

9. poindexter

Actually it was her voice (as I said in the first post), and her "stage presence". She looked fine.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I thought he is about to get Vince Chase to sign up to be Joey Ramone.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

This sounds odd, but this thread really isn't any good without pictures.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

[​IMG]
    then

[​IMG]
    now

Draft saved Draft deleted