1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Ojeda article in the Times

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, May 27, 2012.

1. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Sloan, as you noted in your fourth post in this thread, this is (was) Memorial Day, but if we go down that road then, really, why are any of us writing about sports when there will always be more important things to write about?

It seems likely that you post at SJ because of your assumed involvement and interest in the sports media. So let's cut everyone a break for discussing Bob Ojeda on Memorial Day.

2. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

I love the story, and it's better than anything that appeared on the front page of any Sunday paper in my area, but other than the question whether it was ghost-written, the piece doesn't raise any journalistic issues, so in that sense I see why it may have rankled a few here. That said, not everything here is always pure journalism, and I wouldn't have seen it if it weren't posted here, so I'm grateful for that.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bobby Ojeda was a good guy and for those who knew him, a great clubhouse source. I found the story interesting but I'm sure there are zillions of other similar ones. I didn't have a problem with The Times running the story.

4. DoctorFace

DoctorFace New Member

It reads a little like one of those old stories from The Glory of Their Times. Good stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted