1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Johnson slam dunks Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would add Supreme Court Justice in there as well, but since we are talking about the presidentia election that is where things are.

Doctors, usually by default, recognize evolution as fact. But if hey don't, it isn't likely to effect the overall standing of this country on the world stage. It won't effect how the populace is governed.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp. The president of the U.S. is the most important position in the world. Holding that position should require a certain amount of understanding and reasoning. It also requires taking factual information from individuals that have studied a topic for years and acting upong it accordingly.

Bigotry would only work if there was some sort of evidence out there stating that evolution wasn't true. Since there isn't, well, I'm not going to just accept having a president that is too stupid to know better. I wouldn't accept a president that thinks the Earth is flat. Nobody should. Does that mean I'm a bigot because I point out that the Flat Earth Society is filled with individuals that aren't very intelligent? No.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Don't think that's true. That he had WMD's, Yes. 9-11 involvement? No.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the granddaddy of the moronic rationalizations for a losing argument -- "We also once thought X was true and see how that turned out." Why stop at slavery why not go all the way to the original and bring out the whole "We once thought the world was flat" nonsense.....

What you are saying is so dumb and so insulting to intelligence I can't believe you are actually now, well actually I can believe, trying to qualify it and defend it.

You are basically saying religious people and people of faith are dumb, blinded by emotion and not nearly intelligent enough to hold an important office like the presidency and that is every bit, no MORE, bigotted and ignorant, than anything any so-called "hate group" could ever come up with in describing certain groups of people.

Meanwhile, there is still MORE scientific proof for the events as told in the old testament than evolution, but that's a face you continue to ignore. I can point you to numerous books written on the subject, but some of them are written by christians and they have no ability to reason or be thoughtful.

You are an idiot, sir.

And that's not name calling, that's fair comment and criticism based on evidence.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How quickly we forget.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm

9/6/2003

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly seven in 10 Americans believe it is likely that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the Sept. 11 attacks, says a poll out almost two years after the terrorists' strike against this country.

Sixty-nine percent in a Washington Post poll published Saturday said they believe it is likely the Iraqi leader was personally involved in the attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. A majority of Democrats, Republicans and independents believe it's likely Saddam was involved.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

To equate evolutionwith flat earth anything is pretty stupid. Do you have a picture of your ape descendants, or cousins in the banana-eating species? I hope some of them wound up in the New York Zoo so it makes holidays and family reunions easier.

Hear this chump: An argument against evolution in the total form you present it is that there has been little change in the apes to human transition in, um, quite a few years.

And another thing: I'm thankful you're in New York, a state we've already conceded in the next election. There's plenty of your kind up there which should make you happy and fuel your ego. Stay there.

6. zagoshe

I love this one -- "there is some evidence that evolution isn't true" -- again I'll repeat it -- there is plenty of evidence discovered every day that disputes evolution and many of the most intelligent, well respected and thoughtful humans on this planet do not accept evolution and there are many who happen to be atheits or agnostic and do so not based on faith but based on facts.

You are a religious bigot and there is plenty of evidence on these threads to more than support this argument.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You shooting for another vacation, Yawn?

8. zagoshe

What does this have to do with anything? Again, the granddaddy of losing arguments is to bring out the "well once we thought" nonsense.

And further -- how can you be sure Saddam DIDN'T have a hand in the 9/11 attacks. Oh I know, because Paul Krugman said so......

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

zag, adults are speaking.

Wade down to the shallow end.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Is this thread title trying to suggest that if Bob Johnson were white, he would only lay-up Obama?

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I always assumed the “granddaddy of moronic rationalizations” was saying that just because a lot of people believe it to be true means it must be. Sorry, but you are the one that opened that can.

Qualitative, not quantitative. Try performing the latter.

Again and again I repeat. I am not referring to every religious person. I am specifically talking about subject of evolution; only that topic. When you finally learn this we can then discuss it.

Post it. I have plenty of religious books and am always looking to read more.

Says the man that can’t read.

Yes because a qualitative statement based on misinterpretation would certainly bring out the qualitative point. Reading comprehension is essential when discussing a topic on a message board.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh great Pastor, why don't you live up to your destiny and lead the world? But then, you'd have to get the legend out of your mind and into the realm of public scrutiny, of both the intelligent and those less-than-intelligent, and there, you couldn't pass the test. You'd be ripped up worse than one of Michael Vick's dogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.