1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Dylan: Plagiarist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Sep 29, 2011.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Modern Times" was excellent. That was 2006.

2. His plagiarism always reminded me of Barry Bonds' PED use. They were both Hall of Famers before they did it, yet they still felt a need to do it.

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Soy Bomb!

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Dick, don't get me wrong...Blood on the Tracks is a great album and Dylan is very talented. I just don't think he is that solid of a songwriter (I know I am in a very small minority in saying that). He is a great musician, can't take that away from him. That documentary where he first played the electric guitar at a Folk Festival was pretty cool...cannot believe how hostile the crowd was to him for that.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Musically, you can have this discussion about Elvis, Clapton, Zeppelin, you name it...

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Speaking of plagiarism...Zeppelin pretty much ripped off its entire roster of songs.

7. But not They Might Be Giants

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Dylan's album "Oh Mercy" from 1989 is phenomenal, one of my favorites of his (along w/ Highway 61 Revisited).

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

The Hot Dog Song and the theme for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are probably making TMBG more money than anything else in their career.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Slow Train Coming, Saved, and Shot of Love.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I apppreciate a lot of Dylan's stuff, while also realizing his catalog includes some ridiculous lyrics that get a pass because he's Bob Dylan. I don't think I'm alone in that regard.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

By a lot... My kids watch the Disney Channel all the time and they play TMBG songs all the time...

Draft saved Draft deleted