1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Davie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A break for ESPNU game watchers. He may be an OK coach, but as a color man, close to the worst.

3. derwood

derwood Active Member

Bottom decile.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You can win at New Mexico - figure the Mountain West will be wide open without TCU and Boise.
    It will be interesting to see what kind of staff he comes up with.

5. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Davie's a good guy and I'm glad to see him land somewhere. New Mexico doesn't seem like that great of a landing spot, but, who knows, maybe the school will end up in the Big 12.

Not saying that would make things any easier for him, but I suppose it's a possibility.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I can't think of a single college football color analyst I like less than Bob Davie. Listening to the footbaw/third dow' BS makes me wince. It really does.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He started ND on the path of irrelevance in upper echelons of college football.

8. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Boy, did it. Example of a great assistant who was in way over his head as the boss.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

To be fair, New Mexico can only aspire to that level of irrelevance

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

ND was already on a serious downswing under Granny Holthhhhz.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get Uncle Verne to go with him to New Mexico?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

ND went to the Fiesta Bowl in his next-to-last season there, and he actually defeated USC three times in a row, something his successors haven't managed. Of course they got waxed in the Fiesta Bowl but as it turns out that was a pretty darn good Oregon State team that did the wax job.

Not a bad hire at all for the Lobos, who did not exactly have the pick of the hiring-pool litter.

Draft saved Draft deleted