1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Board Fav Pierce on Maddow Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I never said Palin was going to be my candidate in 2012.

But if you wanna see stupid, I refer to the Howard Stern piece on Obama voters on election day. If Palin is a sandwich short of a picnic, these people are the basket.

2. A candidate for national office has fringe elements in his following? Out of tens of millions of voters? Color me shocked.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't think you are using that correctly.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you wouldn't argue, it would be correct.

5. OK - pet peeve time - Waylon love ya but using the word "retarded" in that manner in a discussion involving a woman with a Down Syndrome baby says more about your intelligence level than it does about anyone on either ticket.

Your comment in fact proves the opposite of your argument.

6. Ooh, shit. Meant to get rid of that because I felt bad typing it (didn't even thing about little Tripp). Sincere, unqualified apology.

7. It's OK

Sara Palin can see your apology from her house.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

9. ScribePharisee

Now if Sarah had aborted the baby, the pro-choice party would be claiming her as one of their own. Maybe she was ill-equipped on foreign affairs, but she has more character than 90 percent of the politicians on either side of the party line in D.C.

10. That's ridiculous and you know it's ridiculous. Do you understand how counterproductive that kind of abortion rhetoric is to your cause? There is a hell of a philosophical, legal and scientific case to be made for banning abortion (in most cases). A hell of a case. The meme that pro-choice supporters "like" abortions undercuts any mainstream legitimacy the pro-life movement hopes to achieve.

And, and I wouldn't be so quick to praise her "character." She's the Kate Gosselin of politics. Being famous comes first, everything else second.

11. ScribePharisee

Waylon, your assessment of Palin's character was every bit as ridiculous.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if she or Todd ever hiked the Alaskan version of the Appalachian Trail?

Draft saved Draft deleted