1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Board Fav Pierce on Maddow Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty apt discription of Hannity. It did make me laugh.

The thing that strikes me is that if you decide to write a book like this you must feel that you are the smartest guy in the room .

2. Boom and 21 are different people?

3. Pierce is an excellent writer. In fact - he's the second best writer to come out of Shrewsbury, MA in the last 50 years.

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Or you are just a person who observes the world around you. I look forward to reading this book, but it's nothing new. This is one of the defining acorns of the Bush years.

5. I don't get that impression, having read about halfway through it at this point. Quite the contrary - he's willing to concede that experts and scholars who dedicate their lives to empirical research might know a little more about their subjects than he ever could, and it frustrates him that so many Americans don't feel the same - with a huge eight-year stamp of approval from the Bush administration.

Thing is, the tone is so light and cranky that it's tough to not like the guy. Much, much different experience than reading a Hannity, Limbaugh or Coulter screed.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I call BS. No way have you ever read a Hannity, Limbaugh or Coulter book. No way have you even let one land in your hands. :D

7. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

Wow, that sounded balanced.

Wonder if Mr. Pierce will be visiting the Fox News Channel for a plug?

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

This tells a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Idiot-America-Stupidity-Became-Virtue/dp/0767926145

1) Stupid people voted for McCain.
    2) Stupid people sided with Terri Schiavo's parents.
    3) And I love the interviewer's question about how now that Obama has been elected, can we move forward as intelligent people..presumably, only since he was elected.

Balanced BA-BEEE!!!!

I'll sell tickets to a Fox News Channel showdown.

9. The stupid people were the ones who voted for his running mate. That is inarguable.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Sheesh.

So what's your label for those who voted for Obama's running mate?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Odds are pretty likely that more of McCain's voters voted the way they did because he had Palin as a running mate, versus the number of peole who voted for Obama because Biden was his running mate.

12. Bemused.

Scribe, she's a moron. Bottom line. Get behind Huck. He's folksy, too, but smart (despite the 6,000-year-old earth garbage).

Draft saved Draft deleted