1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blue Angels crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Apr 21, 2007.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Watching CNN right now ... apparently one of the Navy's precision jets crashed into a house in Beaufort, S.C.

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/breaking_news/story/6477255p-5768377c.html

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, what else is going to happen this week?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Saw that.. must have been amazing

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's the ETA on video of this showing up? I know the Blue Angels tape all their performances, and I'm sure there were plenty of civilian cameras aimed at the sky.

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I think Beaufort was the place where The Great Santini, a great Robert Duvall flick, was filmed. He died at the end of the movie because he stayed with his flamed out jet fighter because otherwise it would have crashed into the town.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RIP to the pilot.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn. Hadn't heard about this. Damn.

8. Charleston Post and Courier reporter who wrote Sunday's story on the crash also wrote about getting a ride with the same pilot a year earlier.

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=localnews&tableId=140473&pubDate=4/22/2007

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Reporter did a great job writing a story to show the pilot's personality. That's sad news.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

And the Today show had a story about whether air shows are safe. Yeah, because this happens ALL the time. I mean...

Idiots. Sad news about the crash.

Draft saved Draft deleted