1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomberg Enters the Fray

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/opinion/28mike.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Sounds like Mike in some way wants to have a say in 2008.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . saying the things that are the easiest to say when you're NOT a candidate.

Not that he's wrong.

Still, now that Romney's out, he's not running.

3. Boom_70

He will be the 300 lb gorilla in the room with check book in hand

Clear that he is not running

Also clear that he wants to have a say.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Still, his veiled implication that by and all, he's the guy with all of the right answers is hilarious.

5. Boom_70

He may not have them all but he might come the closest to getting them all right. He certainly has done a good job in NYC

6. Boom --
    He says nothing in that piece, except that he'd like politics to be a little less, well, political. It's nothing. It's air. And, while he was going around the country, did he notice that every poll said that there was no interest in his candidacy whatsoever.

7. Boom_70

Fenian - do you really think that I am basing my opinion of the man on one op ed column?

8. No, but I think you're basing your opinion of his prospective influence on the presidential race on that one op-ed piece.

9. Boom_70

Nope - basing it on the idea that he has money and is willing to spend it, has a forum and understands how to use it, has no real loyality to either party which allows room for independant thought, has a track record of success in running NYC, has big picture ideas that are worth listening to.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Funny, didn't the last Bloomberg thread get deleted?

11. What forum does he have and how has he used it so far?
    Nobody is listening to this guy.
    He has a checkbook and a collection of banalities insufficient to the moment.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hey, were it HRC/Flipper/Midget, I'm voting the Midget.

Fortunately, it's not.

His city congestion plan alone indicates he isn't harboring the proper aversion to regressive-taxation schemes.

Draft saved Draft deleted