1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomberg 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Apologies for the double post.

Imagine this race: HRC vs Trump...

vs Bloomberg.

HRC under possible indictment for the e-mail thing...

Who would YOU vote for ?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody with a chance to win.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In a majority of states, there may as well be one candidate on the ballot. Unless you're in a swing state, why not vote your true feelings?

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The only way Hillary gets indicted is if she gets thrown under the bus by the Obama administration. As long as she's in the race, that ain't happening, even if it makes Trey Gowdy turn blue in the face.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She's not under criminal investigation for the email thing. What she did was legal when she was in office. The FBI is looking at email going back to her predecessors for security reasons, not criminal reasons.

A Comprehensive Guide To Myths And Facts About Hillary Clinton, Benghazi, And Those Emails

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hypothetical.....

HRC in some sort of trouble....

vs Trump....

vs Bloomberg.

Who are you voting for ?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd likely vote for HRC, because she'd remain the most knowledgeable and competent candidate whose policy goals most closely resemble mine, but that depends on what you mean by "some sort of trouble." In n a genuinely dire circumstance (which is to say not e-mail, Benghazi! or Lena Dunham), I'd hope Biden would come to the rescue.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Directly? No, but Pete Wilson former Calif. Gov. and San Diego Mayor, Kucinich former mayor of Cleveland. Great trivia question though, only three former mayors have ever been elected President. Grover Cleveland (Buffalo), Andrew Johnson (Greenville TN) and Calvin Coolidge (Northampton MA)

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I doubt Bloomberg wins a state, but he could take enough of a chunk out of an electorate that allows an R to win a D state and vice versa.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Technically, then, only two former mayors have been elected President. Johnson was only elected Vice-President; he couldn't even get his party's nomination for a complete term.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't see how he is going to be a net gain for Democrats anywhere.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

So George Pataki was a complete non-factor before he dropped out but Mike Bloomberg - with more money but in the same mode - is a game-changer? And with that habitual scowl?

Draft saved Draft deleted