1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blog (BLOGS!) credential question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SixToe, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SixToe

SixToe Active Member

Please don't throw bricks and if you do, try not to use big ones.

If blogs are a form of semi-running commentary or thoughts posted periodically from live events, would or should a blogger fall under the same or similar event credential guidelines as a television or radio guy?

Teams or events prohibit live broadcasts during events or, I believe, restrict them to a time limit.

Blogging is a form of live broadcast or feed, or would this credential issue be it completely different?

Thank you. (dodging bricks and stones)
  2. No - blogs and "live-blogging" is similar to radio stations that don't carry the games giving periodic updates. As long as footage from the game is not used - there is no problem.
  3. lantaur

lantaur Active Member

The NFL actually prohibits direct play-by-play being eminated from a blog (or anywhere else, I guess). But you can do periodic notes, commentary after a series or something like that. Of course, I'm not sure why any blogger would want to do straight play-by-play as there are so many sources for that nowadays with all the gametrackers out there.
Draft saved Draft deleted