1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blog (BLOGS!) credential question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SixToe, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Please don't throw bricks and if you do, try not to use big ones.

If blogs are a form of semi-running commentary or thoughts posted periodically from live events, would or should a blogger fall under the same or similar event credential guidelines as a television or radio guy?

Teams or events prohibit live broadcasts during events or, I believe, restrict them to a time limit.

Blogging is a form of live broadcast or feed, or would this credential issue be it completely different?

Thank you. (dodging bricks and stones)

2. No - blogs and "live-blogging" is similar to radio stations that don't carry the games giving periodic updates. As long as footage from the game is not used - there is no problem.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The NFL actually prohibits direct play-by-play being eminated from a blog (or anywhere else, I guess). But you can do periodic notes, commentary after a series or something like that. Of course, I'm not sure why any blogger would want to do straight play-by-play as there are so many sources for that nowadays with all the gametrackers out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted