1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blockbuster Whitlock Column

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 31, 2011.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Back on topic ... We've had discussions here before about blacks using the n-word, and it sticks in my mind from something someone posted on here that they developed that particular verbal habit as a means of desensitizing themselves from the abuse they were being subjected to. I suppose on some level that's perfectly rational, but it strikes me as unnecessary now. I've always maintained that if they don't want me using that word, they shouldn't use it. But then, their experience is somewhat different from mine.

2. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

If you call your wife Sugar Tits, does that mean I can?

If not, your logic needs tinkering.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I just wanted to post this before this thread gets locked.

You, sir, are an ass. I'm a straight man but, if I could, I would find out where you live and break into your car just to give a gay guy a handjob so you can sit in the residue on your morning commute.

4. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Sounds like you've been planning that a little too long.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Whitlock's podcast has been pretty worthless lately, but this week he has one of the authors of the ESPN book and Daulerio.

Should be interesting...

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Art students and military personnel will tell you there are no straight lines in nature. Perhaps we have yet another assenting opinion on the matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted