1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blockbuster Whitlock Column

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 31, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Blacks-must-follow-gays-lead-in-promoting-self-respect-through-sports-053011

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Better than the extremely low expectations I took into reading it, but he's still all over the place when it comes to making a point.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I use Netflix.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Uppity... That's a word I don't hear too often, and I think it's only used in certain circles.

He does have a good base point, though, that any tolerance of these words means complete tolerance.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I really had to fight the urge to stop reading.

I'll echo Bubbler. Better than I thought it was going to be, but I got a headache while being brought to the point.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Same penalties for the "n-word" as the "f-word"?

Jemele Hill, among others, wrote that column six weeks ago.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well Barkley talked about this on the Bill Simmons podcast a week ago, but I think ESPN does not reach his house.

And I don't really care if Barkley said it first on Simmons or Wise.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Popping some kettlecorn.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought this was about Whitlock finally cancelling his Blockbuster membership. He's strictly a RedBox man.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Aren't most of those stationed outside of McDonald's?

Just saying.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wow.

The majority of times I've heard people use the "n-word", it has been persons of color. What does that tell you? That it's fine?

Heck, I'm white and I've been on the receiving end of plenty of racial slurs. Doesn't bother me much anymore, if it ever did.

It seems like the gay crowd is talking out of both sides of its mouth. They want to publicly come out and parade their abominations in public. Then they get sensitive about being called names about it. Well, STFU and no one will have anything to call names about.

Draft saved Draft deleted