1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#blindingnemo: The 2013 blizzard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CNN is live at 1:20 in the morning. I don't remember the last time I saw that.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Any word on where Jim F. Cantore has set up camp?

Edit: Looks like Boston.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shit is getting real in Scituate. A friend of mine Tweeted that the ocean (storm surge) is inches from their house.

4. Machine Head

Sill live.

Checked MSNBC, nope.

Switched to FOX and saw a promo telling me to stay tuned for the latest updates on the storm.

Then they went back to reruns.

5. Machine Head

CNN is interviewing three malletheads who drove from D.C. to Boston to "experience" the storm.

6. Machine Head

And now karaoke fans.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CNN has the Live bug up. But I think it's a rerun from an hour ago.

Edit: My bad, still live. Just showing a field report from earlier.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The same exact thing was true in Dallas. Then you had the end zone seating snafu.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When I was of driving age we used to go to the supermarket parking lot to do donuts in the snow with our cars.

One of my dumbass friends went too wide and totaled his pickup truck on a guy wire.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Here in Eastern Connecticut we have two feet, easy. Snow drifts probably are higher. Towns on the shoreline, which rarely get high amounts, are in the three-foot range. Crazy. I was 1 1/2 when the Blizzard of 78 rolled through and have heard plenty about that from my parents, and I bet you this beats it.

The Governor ordered all roads closed, so I have no idea how I'm getting to work tonight. Toying with the idea of walking to the newsroom, which is about 8 miles away. Or maybe this Holy Grail Ale will be calling my name louder and louder ...

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I hate to spoil your fun Corky, but here in Mass. the news media are exempt from the driving ban. I'd check that if I were you.

12. Looks like Worcester got the most snow at 24". Going out to shovel now - drink after.

Draft saved Draft deleted