1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#blindingnemo: The 2013 blizzard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Feb 7, 2013.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Time to fight the panicked masses at the grocery store.

I have to make sure we have plenty of beer and wine. Maybe some bread, too.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pretty calm in Bennington right now.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Meet Nemo!
    [​IMG]

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, if this could only happen a week earlier next year. Could be Roger Goodell's Bud Selig moment except 1 million times more significant.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That would be the greatest thing ever except for the fact that there would never be another cold weather Super Bowl ever...

I want Super Bowls in Denver, Chicago, Philly etc... I know it will never happen, but I think it would be cool if it did...

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I haven't heard what the NFL plans for halftime - a big plastic bubble? just go with it? (don't know how instruments respond to freezing temps) or just live cast it from somewhere else?
    It isn't like anyone would notice whether the show was at the Meadowlands or not given the way they produce the thing (unless it was snowing)

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Springsteen in the snow?

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Nemo on the war path.

[​IMG]

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You have noooooooo idea how happy I am that all we're getting is rain here. The biggest boner you could ever imagine isn't as big as the one I have for not getting any snow here. Figuratively speaking, of course

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't blame you, especially after living through the 2009-10 winter and seeing the area grind to a halt for days.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Having a storm hit on the weekend mitigates the problems a considerable amount. I'm sure it'll suck, but if we don't lose power at my house, we'll be OK. I have a snowblower, and we have plenty of food, wine and beer. Also, we have meal plans for meals that can be cooked on the gas stovetop if the power goes out, and firewood on the screen porch where we can get to it. Of course, that's only good for a day or so. More than a day without power and life becomes quite difficult when the temps grope down for zero.

Draft saved Draft deleted