1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleep My Dad Says: The TV show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/26/oh-dad-poor-dad-what-will-cbs-name-his-show/

Yes, "Shit My Dad Says" is getting a pilot for CBS, written by the "Shit My Dad Says" Tweeter.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh, boy. I can't wait for the call to write an sj.sitcom where I get a job with the Plain Dealer!!

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Waiting would be a good skill for you to develop

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, what an original idea.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shit Spnited Says.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

It's not "Shit My Great Grandad Says."

7. highlander

highlander Member

I know there hasn't been a post here in a while but last night's episode was pretty funny. The story line of Vince's celebrity sex list was really good.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The one show I saw, don't know if it was the pilot or not, sucked ass. It ended with this big confrontation where the kid tried to psychoanalyze the dad and got on him for not being touchy-feely with his kids, and the dad said he'd try to do better. That was so far from the dad's actual character that I figured the script writers had never taken five minutes to read the Twitter feed or the two hours required to get through the book, and thus the TV show would not represent the material it was supposed to.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I gave up after two episodes. I know it's getting good ratings, but holy shit did that show suck.

I don't care if it's turned into the next Seinfeld, I'm not going back.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I lasted about five minutes of a recent episode. Two of the characters thought they were married but it turned out they weren't, and they wanted to get married again at Shatner's house. Lame and unfunny, and I didn't see any hope for improvement.

Congrats to Justin Halpern, though, for finding a winning formula and milking everything out of it that he possibly could. Given how unfunny this show is, based on the five minutes I've seen, it'll probably last 10 years and bring him mondo syndication bucks in addition to whatever he is making as the creator and writer.

Draft saved Draft deleted