1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleacher Report Raises 10.5M, Becomes 5th Largest Sports Website

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Schottey, Dec 21, 2010.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You do have the maturity of a bleacher report writer.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Never. Gets. Old.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. fishbulb

fishbulb New Member

Fail.

Forget quality. How about libel? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/593711-college-basketball-syracuse-basketball-point-shaving-scandal

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why would anyone sue them? It's not like they have $10.5 million or anyth ... oh wait

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't forget the big news that Seton Hall is going to be kicked out of the Big East. What's D Wizzle's take?

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Whenever someone links BR nonsense, I love to check out their bios. Always cracks me up for some reason. This author's "story" is quite elegantly written:

"Been watching sports in the Norheast Corridor and reading interweb newsgroups for many years. I just want to present my opinion without clogging up any newsgroups."

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Did you go to Michigan State? Because JRN 201 was my first JRN class. Just curious. (I noticed you said you were from Michigan.)

8. Brian Cook

Brian Cook Member

Google it: BR takes as much or more shit from bloggers as they do from mainstream folk. Watching the inevitable panel at Blogs With Balls where Jim Bankoff, the SBN CEO, sits next to the BR CEO is a hilarious hour full of Bankoff barely restraining his facial expressions and explaining very carefully that SBN does not believe itself to be anything approximating BR.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

It's dreck. And the page views are trumped up with slideshows of Getty Images file pics. Traffic doesn't equal relevance. Maybe there's a level of readership that doesn't care, but their page views are like pesos to me. They don't add up to much.

Draft saved Draft deleted