1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleacher Report paying for actual journalists?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stopping By, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Stopping By

Stopping By New Member

First time, long time.

I know good and well the reputation of Bleacher Report, but I've heard they're actually making a push to bring on experienced journalists to write for them. Oh, and actually PAY them.

Anyone know anything about this?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A while back, they were advertising for an EE and an ME - not sure where either of those moves stand but they've been trying to do this for a while. The joke among some of us ex-FanHousers was for one of us to get those jobs and bring back all the FanHouse people.

I know they have contacted at least one of my former writers recently. Not sure how far along they are with the overall process.

3. Stopping By

Stopping By New Member

I know of at least two writers from major websites who they've contacted. Just wanted to gauge how real Bleacher Report's attempts to possibly becoming reputable were and not simply use unpaid guys who sit in bleachers or in their mom's basement.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Being as vague as possible, I, too, know of at least two writers for major places who have been contacted.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I won't believe this is true until I see a slideshow of the Top 10 Journalists Who Might Join Bleacher Report. Preferably with all of the journalists in bikinis.

Draft saved Draft deleted