1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bleacher Report hiring for sports content distributor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by blog415, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The B/R employee isn't telling us anything. We don't know what the revenue stream is like. The business plan is obvious, try to get a bigger media company to buy it up. Just don't turn down a good offer if it comes. Look at Digg and see what happens if you hold off selling.

2. blog415

blog415 Member

Stitch, what sport do u cover? You don't need a college degree to know your sport. This is not brain surgery we are doing here in our field.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The question is what sport haven't I covered. A degree is much more than learning how to write. It's knowing how to report, basic media law, and ethics. Not many colleges have sports writing colleges.

Besides sports, I've covered elections, fatal accidents, police shootouts, and plenty of boring meetings.

4. blog415

blog415 Member

Good stuff Stitch. U are a jack of all trades. As for someone who said why won't I get a real job, this is my passion and I spend 16 hours a day working on my blog or marketing it to get advertisers to put ads, or doing something related to the blog. It's my baby and I do my best to put up good stuff and make it have hits.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What I did isn't unique. A lot of people jump back-and-forth from sports and news. It's the nature of the business. You go where the job is.

6. blog415

blog415 Member

Ok Stitch, what is your favorite sport to cover?

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Rugby. Not many people cover it in this country. Only a handful full time.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

You forgot one key point, Stitch: You can't get a degree when you're not old enough to graduate from high school.

9. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

You continue to prove my point, blog. BR is trash, everything true journalism isn't supposed to be, was never meant to be, yet some people - these friends you speak of - don't care.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Exactly.

@schottey: Enough already man. All you say is how great Bleacher Report is and how you know so much and they are so strong. But you can never back anything you say up with facts. Fine don't want to post in on a message board? PM it to me. As per the rules of this site, I don't discuss PM's anywhere else. They stay in the inbox for my eyes only.

@blog415: Quit mentioning nobody knows your web hits. Your blogger profile lists your web hits. As of Tuesday night it was 1,800 and change. Listen YouTube clips don't belong to you. I would have a lot more respect for you if you had half the hits, but shot and edited your own video and then posted it to YouTube. Everyone here would. Besides, if you were really focussed on building your "DWizzle" brand you would be on here asking for help, not talking to Stitch about rugby. Believe it or not, many of us would be happy to help give constructive criticism.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

So to sum up...Bleacher Report is hiring. Yay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.