1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Love the 80s? Check it out. I love this place ... first one I loaded up was Balls to the Wall.

http://www.kingofbeaver.com/music_videos/

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Oran "Juice" Jones - The Rain

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Separate Ways" and "Heartbeat" by Don Johnson -- the two worst videos ever made.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

However, Bertie Higgins' "Key Largo" is the worst SONG ever made.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've killed men who are bigger than you and have dared to say this.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Speaking of big, I see that "Fat" by Weird Al is one of the choices.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is awesome. Ah. What memories.

And I was happy to see that Billy Squier's Rock Me Tonight was on the page (in homage to BYH).

I can never tire of watching a formerly straightforward rock and roll guy go off the deep end and perform in a video where he dances around in a sleeveless pink T shirt like Richard Simmons on speed. I am typically not good at recognizing seminal moments when they occur, but I do believe that the first time my friends and I saw that video (after we stopped rolling on the floor laughing), we declared his career dead.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Little trivia note, too... White Lines by Grandmaster Flash (also on the page) was supposed to be a "don't do drugs" warning. But I have read more than once that while they were recording it, Melle Mel snorted enough lines to make Scarface blush.

9. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

I'm sorry, but I'm just not clicking on a link called "King of Beaver" while at work.

At home is a whole other story

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Damn you, Dye Pack. Whenever someone mentions the horrific "Heartbeat," I get it stuck in my head. :mad: :mad:

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'm lookin' for a HEARTBEAT.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm kinda disappointed the only Crue video is Girls, Girls, Girls ... I wanted to see Looks That Kill. That karate kick Tommy Lee delivers at the end of it is STELLAR!

Draft saved Draft deleted