1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackwater guards pumped steroids?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Nov 28, 2007.

1. creamora

creamora Member

Blackwater guards allegedly pumped steroids. A ring of prison correction officers was busted for steroids in Florida. Police officers all over the country have been busted for steroids. Who's next?

"The reality is that Blackwater has indeed fired people for steroid use, so they're on clear notice that there's steroid use," Burke said. She said Blackwater has marketed the idea "that their people are kind of tougher and bigger than anybody else," and has turned a blind eye toward "serious, repeated situations of excessive use of force."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/11/27/blackwater.iraq/

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Make. It. Stop.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get a fucking life, jackass.

5. No interest in the actual story?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fen--it's more like "No interest in the actual story, nor the poster, nor the subject of steroids if mentioned by the poster."

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, this paragraph caught my eye:

The lawsuit also accuses the North Carolina-based military contractor of hiring ex-Chilean commandos who were barred from security or military work in their home country after admitting to human rights violations, and of hiring mercenaries -- a term the company rejects -- from a variety of countries.

Isn't free enterprise a wonderful thing?

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Cannot express my utter contempt and revulsion regarding that organization's operations.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What happened to the idea of a running creamora thread?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Silly. It's an example of private enterprise doing better than the government can. You see, the government has to worry about how they treat people. These guys just fire away, even if it's at a car full of little, old ladies. Tell me which is easier? And tell me who can teach that better than Chilean commandos?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The Chiquita banana death squads?

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They lost the game of extreme paintball to decide that.

Draft saved Draft deleted