1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blackest Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 17, 2009.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Batman "died" in Final Crisis by Darkseid. All the DCU characters think he's dead, but he's actually not. The skeleton in his grave was the one Superman found of him.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry, I wandered off. I thumbed through the first two collections, cleverly titled Marvel Zombies 1 and 2.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So if he's not dead, then what's the deal with him?

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

It hasn't been revealed yet. Since "dying," this is the only image we've seen of him.

[​IMG]

DC Editors have said he will return, but that's all their willing to say.

Also just realized Batman's left-handed.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Grant Morrison claims that is the only panel the DC editors asked him to change in the entire miniseries. He wanted to leave it more ambiguous. As much as I dislike his work, particularly in that series, I think he was right.

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Personally, I think Morrsion should've changed a lot in that series.Don't get me wrong. Morrison has done plenty of good work in the past, but Final Crisis was a major letdown.

7. outofplace

Agreed, but I dislike a lot of his work. Outside of his JLA run, I haven't liked anything that he has done.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Wait, wait, wait. I tend to read full-series graphic novels after the arcs are over, as opposed to issue-by-issue.

I thought Batman was MIA after the helicopter exploded as he was chasing the guy who got him hooked on crystal meth and made him "The Batman of Abu-Gahr" (or whatever that shutdown word was).

Am I way off here?

9. outofplace

Confusing, ain't it?

That was the end of the Batman R.I.P. storyline. I still don't understand exactly how that tied into Final Crisis chronologically. I do know that D.C.'s heroes believe that Batman was killed while helpign to take down Darkseid. Superman even brought a burned-up body back, which Alfred had buried with Bruce Wayne's parents (later to be exhumed by Black Hand in Blackest Night). Yet after Superman returned with the body, I believe the final page of Final Crisis was the one Green_Lantern posted above, making it very clear that Bruce Wayne is alive somewhere and will return at some point (as if we didn't know that already).

Does that help or does it just make your head hurt like it does to mine?

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

oh, my head is killing me right now.

11. outofplace

Try getting me going on Wolverine. Or Cable. It'll be like that scene from Scanners.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I gave up on Cable a long time ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted