1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Monday - Is this the worst day for print journalism?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Mar 23, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is true. Why the need to quantify something like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

It certainly sucks from where I'm sitting.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Because it's in our nature to ask these questions. As sad or uncomfortable as they are.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's in our nature to see how miserable we can make ourselves?

You know, I was in one of these 11:30 meetings myself today. And it was NOT in my best interest to walk out telling everyone around me that things were going to get worse.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sorry if anyone was offended by another thread on this, but I am curious if people think this is the worst and if it will get worse.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No offense or anything, mustang. You're a good dude. I just don't think self-flagellation does us any good.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed
    it's part of the catharsis. No need to dump on people who discuss it. It's human nature. if you're in the business, you have the fear of "who's next?" If you aren't, then.. golly... I don't know why. In either case, it isn't asked with malice, it's asked because you or someone you know might have it happen next. And talking it out helps.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If this is the worst? Again....what difference does that make?
    Will it get worse? You should be able to answer this one yourself.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don't pull that golly shit. You got something to say, say it, alright? If not, STFU.

My point was....today's bad. Everyone knows it's bad. Do we need a thread telling us JUST how bad it is? Seriously?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's the basic premise I take issue with. And I've gotten to the point where I believe it's just as important to point out that talking it out DOESN'T always help.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Journalism hasn't reached FUBAR status yet but it damn sure is on the highway.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I believe the economic crash only sped us along the road to the destination we are reaching inevitably anyway. The economic recovery will slow the pace but not change directions or even reverse us along the path.

Draft saved Draft deleted