1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If the president survives this you'd have to think it would be a fairly uncomfortable working relationship with Pinkel going forward.

We were talking on this week's college football thread about how Pinkel wasn't going to get canned after a losing season or two. But if they have a bad year next year and it's no longer the AD who hired him there to take up for him...

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Do you think it would be fair to say the problem is worse at Mizzou than a lot of other predominantly white Midwestern state schools?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't know. I went out there from the east coast and scurried away after five years. I don't have anything to compare.

I do know that Columbia had a little bit of a Deep-South-in-the-Midwest vibe. I remember a former editor telling me that the main drag literally had an African-American shanty town right up into the early sixties.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Perhaps the MU President can walk around the protesters with a stack of $100 bills and see what their price is. It would be a dick move but cash always talks.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

You go south of I-70 between US 65 and Missouri 19 and you're, essentially, in a Deep South vibe...except it's only white people. South of I-44 and it's mixed with white people and meth heads.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That's always the best mix.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If I was given the choice to quit my job or some moron decides to starve himself if I don't quit, I'm getting my flower order ready.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Butler should do some butt chugging.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.png

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Plus old white people riding a tour bus to Branson.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

These players should do the equivilent of a byline strike instead. Don't allow their names to be announced or written during the next game. Just their uniform numbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted