1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. So what exactly is the college president supposed to do? Besides, resign?
    What does the president have to do with racial incidents? As near I can tell nothing. But students, either feeling frustrated and/or empowered are going to flex the PR muscles and try to have someone with NO involvement in the situation removed?

I really, really don't like college kids.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wannabe Gandhi.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Redneckum Revelio!

[​IMG]

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pinkel just tweeted a picture that he stands with the players.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was going to say.

7. SnarkShark

Can't wait for the pending passive-aggressive opinion from Dick about the hashtag campaign.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've got to say, something about the feces swastika seems so over the top, that it sounds like a hoax.

Reminds me of this:

Tawana Brawley, a popular 15-year-old high school student, was found Nov. 28 curled in a fetal position inside a plastic bag behind an apartment house in Wappingers Falls, six miles south of here.

Miss Brawley, who is black, had been beaten. ''Nigger'' and ''KKK'' had been written in charcoal or marker on her torso, feces had been smeared across her body and her hair had been chopped off, the police said. She later told her family and law-enforcement authorities that she had been abducted and sexually assaulted by six white men - one of whom wore a police badge.

On Nov. 21, Alphonso Smith of Peekskill, N.Y., who is black, was chased down a road on the outskirts of the community by three bat- and pipe-wielding white men before being picked up by a passing motorist, the police said. Five days later, a large cardboard box placed beside his family's home was set on fire, causing damage to the house. There were no injuries. Anger and Protest

And on the night of Nov. 22, several black and Hispanic inmates at the Orange County Jail in Goshen, 15 miles south of here, held a protest, in part over what they said was too much heat in their cells. The State Commission of Correction is investigating whether white correction officers then shouted racial slurs and wrapped their heads in white towels or linen to represent the Ku Klux Klan and whether they used excessive force to quell the disturbance.

These three cases have touched off protests among angry blacks living in the Mid-Hudson Valley, protests that have been joined by people from other parts of the state and the nation. These critics said the cases highlight the difficulties encountered by blacks in suburban and rural communities.

Bias Cases Fuel Anger Of Blacks

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Was two extra explanatory posts not enough?

Also:

Vombatus and Jake_Taylor like this.
  10. SnarkShark

Yeah, my bad. Was catching up.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And I was overly harsh. Let's hug it out.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The situation absolutely calls for Michael Sam to spring for this outfit and bring peace to Jesse Hall.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted