1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday stories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 28, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I KNEW I hated that group for a reason. I thought it was the guitars...it was the lack of manual dexterity.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I went to four different store openings, and they were all completely civilized. No pushing at all and employees watching to make sure there wasn't any funny business. The weather was quite a bit warmer than it has been in years past, but there was clearly a lack of people at the stores compared to before. I picked up the collections of Family Guy and The Office for $15/season and also got Juno and Hairspray. Spent about $100 total on it, so I considered it a good haul.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's fucking disgraceful.

No wonder why some people hate Americans.

Seriously, you can find like 90% of these sales online.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Sounds like the economy took a chunk out of the shopper present. Here in St. Augustine, there weren't nearly as many people as I expected.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've done Black Friday once, to get the orginal Star Wars trilogy for my Dad on DVD. I will never do it again. Too many people, and I felt really unsafe.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Went to Best Buy at 10 a.m. No problems with parking, found the one thing I wanted and took about three minutes to get through the line.

Drove to Target. Found one of the two things, then the second was missing a sale sign, so I had to ask an employee (they were all over) to double-check it. Got the next-to-last one. Line took all of two minutes and, once again, no problems with parking.

If you don't want the "doorbusters," there's no reason to go so early.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Charge everybody who used a credit card, debit card or wrote a check the first two hours the store was open.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No shopping for me, either. But i do have to go in to pick up my check and work on the all area cross country team.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

I'm sure there's a precedent for that.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So if the stampede happened at 5 a.m., and you stopped in at 6:30 on your way to work and got out by 7, you're guilty of manslaughter?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or if you went in a different door?

*note to self* Use cash after crushing a worker to death. Then Inky won't care.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Eh, the guy died to keep inflation down.

Seriously, they kept the store open today? After an employee got killed? Really? THE SALE OF SHIT MUST GO ON!

Draft saved Draft deleted