1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

It better. My can opener is broken, and my options are limited the night before payday.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Even the 24-hour ones around here close on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Usually they close around 5pm on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. They reopen at 5am the next day.

I'm trying to decide if that's worst than geeks standing in line for three days to get a PS3. It's close.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I would think most Wally Worlds are closed to give stockers some sort of fighting chance of loading the merchandise on the floor before the jackals try to pick the place clean at 0500.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Shit. Looks like it'll be a box of rice and ice water when I get home.

5. Sam Mills 51

No greasy-spoon type places in your area? Yeah, they're not wonderful, but almost short of starvation is better than the picture you're painting.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Waffle House is open.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

It's not so bad if it weren't the middle of the night on a holiday and I hadn't put a grand on my credit card the last few weeks for a sick dog. I was just loking foward to my usual every-two-weeks-on-the-night-before-payday grocery shopping spree. My version of Black Friday, I guess.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm getting ready for a Ducks-Devils game at the (don't call it Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim) Honda Center on Friday. I'm sorry, but if you need to be TOLD when to go shopping, what fun is that?

9. Sam Mills 51

Some of us aren't shop-a-holics. :-\

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Wal-Mart was indeed open. No crowd; just the usual a.m. dregs.

I will not go hungry tonight. Damn I love Wal-Mart.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, peeps, I'm loading up on layers of clothing, my umbrella (damn freezing drizzle) and some hot chocolate and hitting the long road to Best Buy.

Wish me luck!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you hadn't found an open WalMart, would you have given the dog a guilt trip?

"Feeling better poochie? That's good. Can you hear that? That's daddy's stomach. But hey it's OK you're better. No more worms. Got that pill that set you up good. That's right, you wolf down that chow. It's OK. You better finish it all because as soon as you turn your back it's in my empty stomach. Oh what's that? You need to go poop? In the middle of a hailstorm? Anything for you. Oh sure I'll take you for a walk. Are you going to fetch for some help once daddy passes out in your stool? Are you? Are you going to save daddy like he saved you?"

Draft saved Draft deleted