1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mmmmmmm Chik-Fil-A breakfast....damn you hoops and carrie! I don't think there's one within 20 miles of where I'll be.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fuck. If I ever woke up in time to drive 20 miles to get some chicken biscuits from the nearest Chik-Fil-A before they stop serving breakfast ...

Damn, I miss that place. I never eat there enough.

3. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I should open a franchise here and make a fortune.

Anyway, yes, I'll be out. The wife and I regard it as a weird obsession to do it. We usually don't buy anything because we're broke. We just like to have something to do. However, we do hit JC Penney first to get the Mickey Mouse snowglobes. They're free.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Or about goods whose price have been raised in the weeks beforehand for the express purpose of giving the appearance of a Black Friday deal.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Albom has a place in Atlanta?

CFA is ok, but I too fail to understand the southern obsession for chicken...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, I've found that true.
    When you go to the various black friday ad sites, google the item you are looking at and compare prices... Couple things I saw in digitl cameras we're much of a deal at all.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The wife and the in-laws will head outside the wire on Friday morning. Headed to that damned Galleria in Hoover. A bunch of idiots, they are. I'll be sleeping late with no one in the house.

Gotta get ready for that Maplesville-Brantley game. Thas a gonna be a good-un.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

send me some copy on that.... I'm on desk Friday night

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not working ... just watching.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I was there a little under a month ago. They have a Rangers Supporters Club that was very willing to offer me quite a few drinks.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dye,

Do you have a copy of the cards? I'd like to see if they are well designed.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I like to shop on Black Friday, mainly to annoy other people. I typically have done most, if not all, of my shopping (my son's B-day is Dec. 7, so I do it early) but I like to go and get in everyone's way.

Draft saved Draft deleted