1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I actually brought Thanksgiving dinners home for my dogs. And we all ate together. They did the dishes.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Excellent work, BYH! (pay no attention to the Spanish...it's in English)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cool. Send them over here. It's raining and I need to take the garbage out.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

That clip is funny.

But anyone who knows me knows I would take a bullet for my dogs.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuck the Best Buy bastards. Damn you Best Buy, and fuck you idiots who fucking park in your car and wait while some of us freeze our asses off in a line around the building, just so that when the doors open you can sprint from your car and fuck over those of us who have been waiting.

6. Uh-oh.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hell hath no fury like someone who has lost their Tivo remote.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

all your tough talk and you got punked. hysterical

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"There is no fury like a woman seeking a new lover TiVo remote." [/Cyril Connelly]

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

An elbow in the forehead will take care of that

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Ah yes, Black Friday. Can't wait to see the stories move on the wire about how two 300-pound women brawled for the last DVD player at Wal-Mart.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a strip of big-box stores here but, surprisingly, Black Friday hasn't turned into madness. Yet.

So I've been a regular at Borders the last year. They have a "rewards" program. Lo and behold, they tell me I've accrued something like $24 with all the purchases I've made. Free money. Sweet. I bought Oasis' "Stop the Clocks" 3-disc retrospective. The first narrative in the lyrics/photos booklet by Sylvia Patterson is a sharp piece of writing. There's one in the back of the book, too, by Andrew Smith, but haven't read it yet. 20 top-shelf songs on 2 CDs and a third DVD featuring a "Lock the Box" interview, live performances from Chicago Metro '94 (Fade Away) and Knebworth '96 (Champagne Supernova) and a film trailer for Lord Don't Slow Me Down.

If you've got a Borders in town, the rewards program is free and worth signing up for.

Edit: They didn't put "Digsy's Dinner" on this. Too bad. That's a good song.

Draft saved Draft deleted