1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday is coming, hooray, hooray!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 21, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://www.blackfridayads.com/

Who else will be out there, throwing elbows and talking shit with me?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Normally I would be, but I've got to work. :(

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You couldn't pay me to go shopping Friday.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, Buck...it's so much fun!

It's like bar fights for women!

I work Thursday night and Friday night. But I'll be in line by 3 a.m. I got to Best Buy at 4 a.m. last year and was around back. I'll get there earlier... but still not early enough, i'm sure.

I have to go there tomorrow, figure out where stuff is, and make a footplan. Tomorrow is the day I'll hit the stores I want to go to and make a plan of attack. I have a list of stores, items, where they're located, a timeline...this is big-time for me. Favorite day of the year.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, glanced. Didnt see anything I had to have.
    Last year, I bought a 19" LCD monitor two days before at Best Buy; came back Black Friday with the receipt and got it 20 bucks cheaper with a 160 buck rebate...
    My Xmas present this year was last week -- a 32" Vizio LCD hdtv...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Careful IJAG. Hondo will be on here shortly to "advise" us all on how Black Friday shoppers are materialistic and lazy and spoiled and debt-ridden and how he buys his kids lumps of coal by walking uphill both ways in the snow.

7. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I do 99 percent of my shopping online, so I'll shop Friday without worrying about crowds.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

To make some extra dinero, I am working at 4:45 a.m. Friday outside a mall, handing out "sale cards" (I assume these are brochures that list specials at each store) to all the greedy people who MUST show up the second the stores open.

We'll see how friendly the shoppers are.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is intended as a complement: I can't see you having the patience to do that.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, Black Friday isn't about being friendly. At all. It's about sales!!!

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I only have to have it for 4 hours. Since I'll probably be asleep as I do it, I won't notice much.

Plus, after I submit the paperwork at the end of the shift, it'll be time for an IHOP breakfast.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

As an FYI about those "greedy people," I showed up at Best Buy last year at 4 a.m. for a 6 a.m. opening. I was around the back of the store. By the time I got in the door, 10 minutes later, the three items I wanted were all gone.

So it's become a necessity if you want the great deals. Waiting until noon for the $199 computer just isn't an option any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted