1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Nov 13, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

ChrisL was in it.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Now it makes sense.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How significant is the savings on Black Friday? Would a high quality LED HDTV bring a savings over $500?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It very well could, depending on how large you go and where. Target has a 40" LCD regularly $549 for $298.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Quick shopping note: Chocolate Bacon lollipops! Also Maple Bacon, Absinthe, and some other goodies. Love this site.

http://www.lollyphile.com/

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

From my understanding (and if I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me), it depends on how much light is in the room the TV will be in. For darker rooms, a plasma TV will be better. LCD for rooms that have lots of windows and are constantly lit bright.

My question is, what is the difference between LED and LCD?

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Essentially price. LEDs are the new version of LCDs. One uses a fluorescent light and the other uses light emitting diodes. The diodes are said to give better balance in color saturation, but good luck actually telling the difference.

Also, LEDs are said to use slightly less electricity than LCDs, although I'm not sure how much dough that would mean to an average consumer.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Who would want to taste absinthe without the side effects? The stuff tastes like stump water.
    Why not toad lollipops or magic mushroom lollipops? All the disgusting taste with none of the benefits.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They also have Wasabi-Ginger lollipops.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Surprised not see some more movement on this thread. Anybody seen the Best Buy, Walmart or Target ads yet?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

www.bfads.net

Draft saved Draft deleted