1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Eyed Peas to play Super Bowl halftime show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Last year when they had the No. 1 song in America for SIX FUCKING MONTHS would've been the time.

Dig up Keith Moon next year.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Black Eyed Peas?

Were Vuvu and the Zelas already booked somewhere else?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if Pearl Jam has ever turned down the chance to play the Super Bowl. I'll bet they have.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Highly insensitive and inappropriate at any time but more so now that we just passed the 9th anniversary of 9 /11.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Five years ago, Black Eyed Peas did the Grey Cup. They were late going on because two of them were in a concession line instead of being ready to hit the stage.

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'm stunned by how many people still care about the Super Bowl halftime show. Is this a good choice? No. But what would be? I'll join those in line for the bathroom, the kitchen and keg no matter what band is playing. I suggest you join me.
    And if you don't want to, I'm sure the Lingerie Bowl will be back.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm with 'poin. And bumpy. I won't be watching the halftime show. I never do.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Green Day played for Jet half time Monday night. Highly promoted / Highly anticipated.Even Fireman Eddy remained in his seat to watch. Turned out to be a bust. One song - took longer to set up than for Green Day to play. Ensuing fire works left stadium in a cloud for most of 3rd QTR. Prior to live song they played "Holiday" over PA. Sounded much better.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw Train in the rain on TV during the KC-Charger game. Gotta give them credit playing live amid that downpour.

Unless I'm mistaken, Fergie will be the first female at the SB since Janet's mishap.

KISS would have been good. They're old, but you don't notice it as much.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

SuperBowl halftime show. Please tune to stations WGAF and WGAS.

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Safe choice and clearly they have something against someone at the NFL since they opened the season last year in Pittsburgh with a huge concert.

Draft saved Draft deleted