1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizzare story on Kirby Puckett's ashes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 25, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Interesting read from the MSP Star-Tribune

http://www.startribune.com/509/story/763262.html

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

The girlfriend's wish to wear Puck's ashes in her locket sort of reminds me of a few years ago when Bob Pruett wanted Marshall U. to rub the charred remains of the crashed 1970 airplane before the Thundering Herd takes the field, a la Howard's Rock at Clemson.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

She just wants to remind herself what it's like to be beat on a daily basis...[/Mizzougrad96]

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It's an emotional thing for sure. Too bad it had to be dealt with in a courtroom.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to say "well played" or recoil in horror. I did laugh though.

6. And I was going to make a joke about Puckett's ability, even after death, to get his ashes hauled.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It's amazing what kind of crap goes to court these days.

This isn't a jab at Puckett's size, but you'd think there would be enough ashes to go around. It's not like a locket would require much.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't know what's so strange about this. broken families fight about this kind of stuff all the time.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

One of those reasons why everyone needs this shit written out.

Draft saved Draft deleted