1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bissinger also commits security breach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

In the second installment of The Throwback, Buzz is severely beaten for live blogging the Division I water polo championship game.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The security guard must've been a Permian alum.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Will Leitch just laughed uproariously and has no idea why.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

...As I sat there watching baseball players from North Carolina and Stanford and Georgia and Fresno State pour their hearts out without fretting over free agency,....

The MLB draft occurs right around the time of the NCAA championships. Highly doubtful that the good players were thinking solely of the competition and playing for Good Ol' State U.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And Buzz was left without his camera so he couldn't take pictures of himself after the beatdown. Would like to see evidence. Sounds pretty outlandish.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Wonder is Buzz dropped the good ol' "don't you know who I am?"
    He's the royal ass in all of this.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Why write columns like this? Why exhalt one sporting event above all others, only opening said event up to more scrutiny. Can't something be enjoyable and relatively pure in its own right; why must it be better or more innocent than everything else? God, I hate the media more and more every day.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The man wrote Friday Night Lights. It's his obligation.

I read the story quickly, but seemed he was teetering dangerously into Peter King territory.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Yeah, hey wrote FNL, so he more than most should understand the nuances that live within each story. No one sport or team or community can be purely defined by one transgression, be they the NBA, MLB or even college baseball.

Put away the big brush and tell me a story, Buzz.

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I really don't trust his account of this encounter, since all of a sudden after getting handcuffed and smacked around, he ends up not in a police cruiser but in the stadium, with a compromise that allows him to reclaim his camera. Hard to believe that he was arguing for something like that all along, but they just decided to mandhandle him and then do what he'd asked.
    I'm thinking he was not looking for a compromise in the early going of this.
    Not that I haven't beena accosted by pyscho security guards. But generally, you have to do something substantial to escalate the confrontation to that level.

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

This is probably the fifty bagillioneth time I've heard a story of Buzz Bissinger getting pissed off and having a problem with somebody.

Draft saved Draft deleted