1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biscoff cookies ... anyone had these treats?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Oct 10, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Having flown Delta a few more times than I would have liked this year, I've been exposed to these cookies called Biscoff. They're incredible.

And now I've found them by the large package at Walgreen's. In two weeks I've gone through four packages. The best-ever cookie for dunking in milk.

Anyone else know of these addicting treats?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Love them, love them, love them.
    Many USAirways breakfasts in 1st class have just been 4 or 5 packs of those.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Love, love, love 'em. I had them on an AirTran flight 5-6 years ago and at that time they were only available on the company Web site for like $20 a package.

So I'd stockpile them on all my Delta flights ... and I was stunned recently to find them at my nearby Kroger. Can't get enough of those delightful ginger treats.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I heard they taste really good when you leave them outside and let them warm up globally.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I have to say one thing, though.
    Sometimes, they rip my stomach apart.
    And yet, it's the only thing I'll eat when I have the chance.

6. old_tony

I haven't noticed any stomach problems with them yet (just finished the last six or seven from the package tonight). What I have noticed, however, is that I've got a messed-up sense of smell (actually, it's gone) and it creates an ever-present sense of some taste or smell for days at a time.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

These look suspiciously like those butter cookie assortments that come in the big blue tin and have sugar crystals on top with the pretzel-shaped cookies that don't taste like pretzels and some other shapes. What makes these better?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

It has a slight taste of ginger in it.

9. old_tony

They have a pretty distinct taste -- like markvid says, a slight ginger taste. The package says "European Cookie." The texture is nice and crispy but it really holds up well in milk.

If you haven't had one yet, like I said, they have them at Walgreen's and a flight attendant also said she thought they had 'em at Walmart. If you buy 'em and try 'em, let us know what you think.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Always love them on flights, but have never made an effort to find them elsewhere.

11. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Love these things.... When I was in Korea they sold these cookies really cheap... like two dozen of them for a buck... I bought like five packages of them and put them in my checked luggage... somehow only two made it back. I think the baggage guys like them too :)

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

love 'em...

seen them at kroger, as well

there is also chocolate-covered biscoff cookies -- got 'em at kroger. awesome

Draft saved Draft deleted