1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bipartisan Consensus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 15, 2006.

1. I think all of us, right and left, can agree on this issue.
    Bad idea.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/13/AR2006071301845.html?referrer=emailarticle

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, they won't sell in South Beach, but I don't see how this is a bad idea. I thought the writer did more preaching than the swimsuit people did.

3. lono

lono Active Member

FB:

I am morally outraged by shenanigans like this and the people in power should be hung up by their collective genitalia, flogged and filleted in full public view for having the sheer, unmitigated gall to try and foist this shit off on the hardworking, decent people of America!  :mad:

Besides, to borrow a line from Zeke12, this is an idea that clearly went ass to mouth.  :-X

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I demand that Patrick Fitzgerald investigate these morally bankrupt cretins!

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm shocked and appalled. How the hell do you keep from drowning in one of those damned things? At least the ones from the 20s were kinda cute, those are just hideous.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

But wait a second ... if this leads to more huuuuuuge people convering it up at the beach ... how can that be a bad thing?

7. sportschick

Until they start selling them for fat, hairy men, it's just a crazy Christian ploy to drown women in the ocean. :D

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

My point exactly. And hey, if some guy can make a buck off of really religious women who want to cover themselves up on the beach, well, that's the American way. I don't have a problem with the idea.

9. Why can't we all get along?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's not a bad idea if you're of the opinion that any display of the female body --- at all --- is a bad idea destined to lead to sin because either 1) the original mistake was by a woman and therefore all sin is rooted in femininity or 2) the mere sight of a woman's partially uncovered body is an automatic guarantor of unhealthy lust.

The rest of us are smarter than that.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Dude, you either forgot No. 3, or havent been to a beach lately.
    3) There's some extremely large ladies (and men too, to be fair) who haven't come to terms with their hugeness and the need to do a little more work in covering it up.

12. sportschick

If the young, hot things get to wonder around mostly naked, so can the bigger folks. Just because you think they're fat, doesn't mean that they should have to cover up more than the skinny girls.

Draft saved Draft deleted