1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Crystal thinks gay sex scenes are a little to much for him

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You can't escape Lena Dunham.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

If you're outraged over this, you're looking to get outraged. An old guy is uncomfortable with gay sex scenes? What a shocker.

3. Yeah, I'm not seeing why he would or should have to apologize.

Of course, this being Hollywood I think he just made sure he never hosts the Oscars again.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

God, I hope so.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He was good in The Client.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is unfair in the other direction, BYM. Xan has a point, and there are more recent performances such as his voice work in Monsters, Inc. and directing 61*.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I get what he's saying.
    I watch Looking on HBO. I've enjoyed the show. For me, it's far better than Girls and a hell of a lot more realistic.
    But whenever there is a hardcore sex scene going on, I'm a little uncomfortable.
    That's not me saying get gay sex scenes out of movies and TV. That's just me saying that ain't my thing.
    There are a lot of people who feel the same way about straight sex scenes or watching Allison Williams get her ass eaten by that guy in the opening scene of Girls. That's not a statement of hate, just some people aren't OK with it and that should be fine.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not to mention some of Billy's Oscar openings are home runs.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Again, back to ball washing Mantle and the Yankees. You were a big fucking fan growing up. We get it.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you see 61*? It isn't exactly a flattering image of Mantle.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mr. Saturday Night is very underrated.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Crystal is not without his hits, but I'm guessing the misses outnumber the hits about 3 to 1 unless you count the animated stuff (Monster's Inc., Horton Hears a Hoo)

I just looked at his IMDB page. Granted, I hated both City Slickers and both Analyze This and Analyze That, even though I realize they all made a lot of money.

Unless you count Princess Bride, where he had a small but memorable role, I would say Throw Momma From the Train and When Harry Met Sally were his best movies.

I remember liking Running Scared, but I haven't seen it in ages. Mr. Saturday Night was solid. There's not much else there other than voice work.

Draft saved Draft deleted