1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billboard Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

OK, so me and the fiancee and flipping through channels because neither of us are too excited about the Panthers-Eagles. We stumble across the Billboard Awards. Curious, we watch some.

Best Rock Album had the RHCP, James Blunt and Nickelback up for nomination ... and Nickelback won. Flat wrong, but remember, this is the Billboard Awards. We're not expecting the world here. I mean, two American Idol flunkies presented that one.

We stick with it for a little longer, to see Ludacris and Pharrell do a couple songs. Good performance for sure. Then they cut away from the stage to promo what's ahead while going to the commercial break. We hear, "And ZZ Top will be on stage for an All-Star jam with Nickelback." Um ... all-star jam ... with Nickelback?

Ugh. Maybe the Panthers-Eagles isn't so bad, after all, huh?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought you meant this kind...

[​IMG]

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's not entirely inaccurate.

ZZ Top is comprised of all-stars. Hence, anytime they jam, even if it's with four monkeys sporting instruments--or, worse yet, Nickelback--it's an All-Star Jam!

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The Billboard awards lost all credibility when Paris Hilton backed out on hosting the event. Check that. When Paris Hilton was considered to host the event.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

RHCP also lost rock song of the year ... this awards show has no shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted